Saturday, February 26, 2011

Apex Run- revisited

Mtnrunner posted some new pics from our mud-fest run last Saturday.

Click here to check them out! 

Also, a great friend (and awesome ultra runner who's in the midst of some potentially record breaking plans) steered me toward some must-have trail maps. I admit I got a bit carried away looking at them online and soon found I had loaded every single map of the fabulous state of Colorado, and one of the Grand Canyon, into my shopping cart. In a moment of sheer excitement I clicked "buy" and nearly fainted from the anticipation.

If you want some wicked trail maps (printed on waterproof paper = bonus!) check them out.


They're by Kent Schulte and here's the link. I just got them in the mail the other day and I am incredibly impressed. He outlines the trails at the bottom of the map, giving a great technical description of each trail.

I can't even begin to measure the amount of excitement pent up in this body to get out on the trails and explore! This year is all about checking out new places and learning more about my beautiful state.

3 comments:

HappyTrails said...

The Sky Terrain maps are the best - I have not seen the Golden one at our shop - will have to take a peek at that version.

Vic said...

Sounds like your "messy" kind of run!

mtnrunner2 said...

WildChildT - Been kinda out of it due to flu bug, now resurfacing. Appreciate the link!

Those maps do rock. When you posted this, I went and counted mine, and I have Indian Peaks, Vail/Holy Cross, and Santa Fe NM. I think they have the best trail markings of any I know of.

All told, I think I counted 42 total for Colorado, all different brands.

And then there's the software maps... lol