Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chilly Cheeks

My truck registered 32 chilly degrees at the trail head of Gudy Gaskill today. I have been battling a nasty sinus infection over the weekend so hadn't run since Friday (treadmill). Cowboy has been absolutely fabulous taking care and pampering me. It's been nice.

Early morning over the weekend I came home from work and felt absolutely miserable. Throat sore, sinus pressure making my head feel like it was in a vice, and overall aches. I curled up on the couch and pulled the largest fluffiest blanket I could find completely over me and, to the pup's dismay, promptly checked out of the world in a deep slumber. I awoke when Cowboy got home and gently peeled a corner back from my "blanket pod" while softly planting kisses on my forehead and neck. I love when he wakes me up like that. I mumbled something unintelligible (he had already been alerted to me not feeling well during the night via text). He whispered for me to go back to sleep and he would make me some breakfast. A bit later the aroma of french toast met my nose as I slowly, exposing only inches of skin at a time, emerged from my cocoon. He had made not only French toast, but Eggnog French Toast. Wow...and YUM.

Throughout the weekend, with his continued pampering of hot tea runs, kleenex, and movie dates in bed, I felt better quicker than I've ever beat a cold before (well, that and the swig of apple pie moonshine I managed to score). I even felt good enough to join him for his teaching of a Concealed Carry class down at the gun shop. There were a few women in the class and he wanted me to be able to lend my expertise if needed. I had brought my book to read off to the side as he taught but by the end of the night I had read only two pages. I love watching and listening to him teach; he is such an entertaining speaker. By the way, if you live in the area and are looking to get your CCW, he's offering a huge discount for the holiday months of $100 for the four hour class. Check out his website for more info.

Anyways, the weekend over and feeling much better, I headed out for a short 3 mile run just to get the muscles warm and joints moving. I needed to loosen up all the mucous in my head too and give my lungs a bit of a workout. I bundled up extra warm since I knew, being sick and all, I was going to be cooler than normal. I even wore my smartwool neck gator pulled up over my face to keep the air moist and warm.

It proved to be a perfect combination of clothes and movement for I warmed up quickly and my lungs felt really good with the neck gator. Argos was excited to be out and it did me good to do a short sprint up the mountain and back. Argos even got to run among three horses, cowering just a touch as he realized he was no longer the "big man" of the crowd. The horses paid him no mind though as he wound around their feet, chasing the three other dogs the riders had along with them.

Glad to be feeling better...

1 comment:

Hundewanderer said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Does your Cowboy have a brother? ;)

Take care.