Sunday, November 9, 2014

So I'm not super mom...

At least when it comes to blogging, I have zero time for the computer other than paying bills and ordering baby stuff from Amazon. I quit Facebook when L-bug was born because I felt it intruded into our personal lives and took away my precious time with my family. I would go to check my updates only to find out what felt like ten minutes on the computer was actually an hour. An hour wasted for what? Plus the overwhelming pressure to share pictures of my family, especially with the new addition, was stressful. I was pretty sure things were falling well into place recently with my home routine so that I would be able to blog more, but it's amazing how much one little person occupies your time! She is rolling over like a champ and will flip all over the room from corner to corner if I don't keep a close eye on her. She is sitting up unsupported and lunging for her toys in front of her. Before long she'll be crawling for sure. I cannot believe six months has passed. She is still a chunky monkey (good 'ol mama's milk) and growing like a weed. Her personality is really beginning to emerge and she remains just a chilled out, layed back, happy-go-lucky, kinda baby. That's my girl. She takes everything in stride and studies things intensely before participating. She watches people and when they make eye contact with her she greets them with a big but shy grin. She's adorable... We started the adventure of solid foods just recently although she has declared solids totally overrated and gives me such a stink face when I put a spoonfull of pureed stuff into her mouth that says to me, "Seriously mama, how could you. This s**** is horrible. I'm quite content with what you've been feeding me." She puckers up her face in a grimmace and either spits it promptly out or swallows it but giving me the look the entire time. She's obviously not ready for solids so I'm not pushing it. Some babies take up to 9 months to be ready for solids. I figure I will try a new "taste" every other day or so and go from there. She'll let me know when she's ready. The only thing I found her to enjoy so far was when I gave her a taste off my plate of Saag Paneer while Cowboy and I were out at a local Himalayan restaurant. She scarfed that right off my finger and opened her mouth for more! I think I definitely have a foodie on my hands (yay!) and will have to work hard to impress her palate. Yesterday we took a 2 hour hike on the trails up Mount Galbraith using our Osprey Poco Premium Baby Carrier. This pack is awesome. I can't rave about it enough (thank you Gramma and Grampa!!). We got it in Koala Gray and love the color. The internal seat where L-bug sits is adjustable and raises/lowers to fit her body. The sides that wrap around her also are adjustable as well as the quick-release buckles at her shoulders. There is a teething pad that can be removed to wash, a built-in solar shade, and a removeable day pack. I figured as it gets wintery out I will also start using the rain cover to help insulate her little body. What's also neat is that the harness straps adjust up and down to allow Cowboy and I to both wear it comfortably. If he's wearing it and needs a break, just a click of a buckle and a minor sliding adjustment to the harness and it now fits me. It takes just a minute or two and we can continue hiking. It also has an area for a hydration bladder but I haven't used it yet. There's a compartment under the kid seat to stash diaper stuff or an extra layer of clothes for baby or me. It's all pretty snazzy and I am confident this pack will last a very long time. I highly recommend it (and I did a TON of research on kid packs before choosing this one). L-bug loved the hike! She babbled the whole time and reached out to touch my head or hold my hand. At the top of the mountain we stopped for a little snack, a few kisses from the pup (she giggles when he kisses her face), and to take in the beauty of the area then descended back down. I was sure I was going to be so sore the next day but I woke up feeling refreshed and excited to hike again. I think my goal is to get in 1-2 hikes per week with her, weather permitting. It'll do me good too as this 10+lbs extra baby weight is driving me a little nuts. I'd go work out more but, frankly, I hate being without her for a long period of time. It's horrible. I am not sure who is worse, her or me, when it comes to separation anxiety. Cowboy is an amazing Daddy and seeing the two of them interact and cuddle warms my heart something fierce. She grabs his beard and holds on to her "handle" as they walk or dance around the house. She giggles at his zerberts and always tries to take his glasses or pick at the buttons on his shirt. When she's tired she'll wrap her arms around his neck and lean into his shoulder. Sigh...this stuff is priceless. Did I mention what her most favorite toy in the world is? A silicone toothbrush. Dead serious. She LOVES these things to the point we now have four, yes four, toothbrushes floating around the house for her chewing pleasure. The Green Sprouts toothbrush and the Simba one are nearly identical and she loves them both. Crazy girl. Well, at least she's learning a good life habit, right?

No comments: